I specialize in the following:
Graphic Design: Webesite Layouts, Images, Brand Logo & Business Card, Flyers, Posters and more.
RESUME OF DAVID DANIEL CAMPBELL
Graphic & Web Designer / Developer
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Mobile: 778-389-4045 (text)
As a Graphic & Web Designer / Developer, my objective is to make a positive impact on clients, co-workers, and the Internet using my skills and experience to design compelling and attractive websites and others. I enjoy working on projects that involve a mix of web and graphic design, web development database management, and some programming.
BRITISH COLUMBIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BURNABY B.C.
Full Certification in Web Technologies – (2013)
- Advanced Web Design, Advanced CSS, XML and XHTML, Advanced Flash, ASP, PHP, Ajax, JQuery for Mobile.
Associate Certification in Web Technologies with Honours (2006)
- Focuses both on design and technology, thereby helping the designer to create an ‘aesthetic experience’ for the web user – Publishing on the Internet, Intermediate Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Photoshop, Audio & Video Technologies, Scripting Languages, Web Design Business and Major Project.
UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA, VICTORIA B.C. – 1999
- Computing Concepts.
- Network and Network Management.
ARGYLE SECONDARY SCHOOL, NORTH VANCOUVER B.C. – 1995
- Dogwood Diploma.
- British Columbia Certification of Graduation.
2006 to Present — www.DDC1975.ca
Owner / Web Designer & Developer
- Designed and deployed websites for various companies and orgranizations.
- Presented Design Review Process (DRP) with concepts to clients.
- Met and corresponded with clients by in person, e-mail/phone (SMS) correspondence and VideoPhone/Webcam Meetings to determine client’s needs for their Website.
- Responsible for all aspects of project development from project scoping and estimating to storyboarding and finaly deployment.
- Perform the validation and testing of completed websites.
- Updated and maintained clients’ websites on an ongoing basis.
- Designed new web interfaces, layouts, navigations, logos, animations, buttons and icons.
- Implemented brand style guides to assure a consistent look and feel throughout divisional websites.
- Able to conceptualize freely and help clients develop exciting, consistent new ideas.
2017 to 2018 — SKYCAP FINANCIAL / ADECCO
Web Developer / IT – Kingston, Ontario
- Graphic, website, & user interface design and WordPress. User experience design & informative architecture. Web application development using server-side & client-side. Database administration, and CRM.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers. Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks (XAMPP and Intranet), Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests. Providing technical support across the company in person and email and using web-based ticketing application.
1997 to 2004 — INSURANCE CORPORATION OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
Office Assistant – Vancouver, B.C.
- Worked as Office Assistant for 7 years, using most of Microsoft Office Suite and Session Managers. Duties included mail handling, filing, faxing, accounts payable, typing, and order office supplies and others.
1995 to 1997 — DATAGUARD MANAGEMENT LTD.
Junior Programmer and Web Designer – North Vancouver, B.C.
- Developed applications with Microsoft Visual FoxPro and Visual Basics, assisted in the development of the softwares using these programs above. Created company and other several websites for clients with earlier versions of Microsoft FrontPage and Macromedia (Now Adobe) Dreamweaver.
Scripting / Programming
- XHTML / HTML5
- Cascading Style Sheets
- PHP Programming
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- ActionScript for Adobe Flash
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Sound Forge
- FTP Clients
- Microsoft Suite (Office, Access, Powerpoint, etc)
Databases & CMS
- MySQL Databases
- MS Access
- and other CMS(s)
- Responsible and eager to learn.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Adaptive to new applications and technologies
- Extensive knowledge of all technical areas involving Web Design, Web Developement and Maintenance.
- Reliable, motivated, hardworking and attentive to details.
- Dedicated to learning throughout self-study, higher education institutions, books and tutorials.
Detailed Rating Chart of Depth of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities in Web Technologies and Applications.
Comfortable with either PC or MAC.
Familiar with cross-browser and cross-platform issues.
Solid background in planning and execution of freelance Web Design and Graphic Arts business.